The 3rd year of the BIG Idea Competition was a BIG success with 103 entries involving 150 high school students from 10 schools! The BIG Idea Committee would like to congratulate this year’s winners who received over $4,500 in cash and scholarships.
- Cider Falls Orchard
Cider Falls Orchard is an orchard providing apple services to those wanting apples or selling them.Megan Melland of Leola High School
- Kate’s Katering
Kate’s Katering is providing you with a gourmet meal at a reasonable price for all your party needs. Kate Nuhsbaumer of Redfield High School
- Kallas Branding Services
Kallas Branding Services provides branding services to the Leola area and surrounding towns.Douglas Kallas of Leola High School
- Fetch provides everyday services to those that need some extra help with daily activities .
Justin Goth of Madison High School
- Scrath & Sniff
- Scratch & Sniff is a animal walking and care taking services in the Leola Area.
Jessica Waltman of Leola High School
- Pizzeria Theater
- Pizzeria Theater provides two favorite luxury needs with combining your favorite pizzas and movies all in one .
Chase Christianson and Nick Kranz of Madison High School
- F & F Outdoors
- F & F Outdoors provides many people with the best outdoor equipment for all needs.
David Fettig and Jordan Fischer of Aberdeen Central
- The Gataway
- The Gataway is a day spa that provides a woman’s every need to help relax and to “Get Away”.
Brittany Leztzow of Redfield High School
Download the 2009 Finalists and Honorable Mentions (PDF)
BIG Idea 2009 Competition Awards Presentation:
Winner of the Marketing Design competition, sponsored by McQuillen Creative Group, was:
- First Place (tie):
- TJ’s Ice World Tara Krause and Jordan Stahn of Deuel High School
- T&T Technology Taylor Fauth and Trevor Zens of Aberdeen Roncalli High School
A Special Thanks to the teachers who encouraged their students’ participation.
Thanks to the committee members and community leaders who participated as judges, panelists and supporters.
The next competition will open again on September 1, 2010.