The 4th year of the BIG Idea Competition was a BIG success with 148 entries involving 204 high school students from 18 schools! The BIG Idea Committee would like to congratulate this year’s winners who received over $4,500 in cash and scholarships.
- T Bin Cleaning
T Bin Cleaning a business offering bin cleaning services.Cody Palmquist and Tory Mason of Doland High School
- Boekelheide Trucking
Boekelheide Trucking, will offering trucking services to those that need some extra help during the harvest season. Alex Boekelheide of Northwestern High School
- Love, Sweet Love
Love, Sweet Love is a wedding planning service for those needed some guidance along the way.Taylor Hanson and McKinley Livermont of Aberdeen Roncalli High School
- Team ‘Trition
- Team ‘Trition is a food delivery service that will prepare meals and deliver them to teams of Mobridge and the visiting schools they are playing .
Mary Martin of Mobridge-Pollock High School
- Kallas Hunting & Fishing Guides
- Kallas Hunting & Fishing Guides provide services and products to those looking for a guide to hunt and fish in the areas.
Douglas Kallas of Leola High School
- Artistic Accessories
- Artistic Accessories provides supplies and employees to assist people art and fashion designs.
Madison Hahler of Northwestern High School
- Perfect Pools
- Perfect Pools is a pool cleaning service that provides the services to have a luxury pool, but not having to worry about the cleaning.
Laken Frericks of Northwestern High School
- A&M Drive-in Theatre
- A&M Drive in Theatre will show movies and have tons of food to attract locals to this fun event for the summer.
Alex Johnson and Megan Yada of Aberdeen Central High school
BIG Idea 2010 Competition Awards Presentation:
Winner of the Marketing Design competition, sponsored by McQuillen Creative Group, was:
- First Place:
Michelle Schwiedop of Wessington Springs High School
A Special Thanks to the teachers who encouraged their students’ participation.
Thanks to the committee members and community leaders who participated as judges, panelists and supporters.
The next competition will open again on September 1, 2011.</span