As students begin completing and filing out the entry form for the business idea, there will be a new section to pay close attention too. To give the BIG Idea Committee a better understanding of what kind of industries students are interested creating businesses in, we are adding a drop-down list of the 16 Career Clusters that are used to classify businesses into industries. This will not be a require field on the entry form, but would be a great opportunity for students to learn about all the different industries that are out there.
The 16 Career Clusters that students will be able to choose from:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
More details and examples of these 16 Career Clusters can be found under the Students Menu on the Helpful Tips tab (document named Industry Classifications).