Take advantage of these activities which can help you develop your business idea and business skills.
Local organizations including the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and SCORE offer small business education events throughout the year. To learn more about the current offering, visit the SBDC website
- SD Banker Assoc.'s Business Plan Competition - due in December, awarded in February. Contact your school business teacher or counselor.
- Giant Vision Student Business Plan Competition - due in February, final event in April. (audience: open, with student track) http://www.southdakotagiantvision.com
- Career and Technical Student Organizations – many include entrepreneurship topics as part of their state competitions typically held in March/April. Such organizations include DECA, FCCLA, FBLA, FFA, and Skills USA. If you don’t have any of these in your high school, ask your principal about starting a chapter!
- Youth Business Adventure (YBA) - week long summer program for upcoming HS seniors and juniors.
- Invent to Innovate - spring semester business competition at USD for high school and college students, contact Howard Haines at Howard.HainesIII@usd.edu for details.