What is the BIG Idea Competition?
To promote entrepreneurship, spur creative thinking, and encourage students to start a business.
- A business idea competition for high school students
- A 1,075-word description of a business idea
- An optional Marketing Design competition which includes an ad for their idea
- An opportunity to learn about business concepts and entrepreneurship
- A chance to win cash and scholarships
Completed online business ideas are due by October 31, 2018. Students who are selected as finalists will be invited to present their ideas to entrepreneurs and the awards ceremony will take place that same day. The final competition will be Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Rules and Guidelines
Any high school student currently enrolled in a public, private or home school may submit a business idea entry. Ideas may also be submitted by a team of students (up to three students per team). A student (individually or as part of a team) may create as many entries as they wish as long as each business idea is different. Students will need to create a separate login for each entry. Finalists from prior BIG Idea competitions are not allowed to resubmit their previous business idea but may participate by submitting a new idea for the 2018 competition.
More competition details can be found under the Rules tab on the website in the Judging Guidelines document.