Canva is a great tool that your students can use to create their Marketing Design. Canva for Education is available 100% free to primary and secondary (K-12) educators and institutions. To get access for your students, you will first need to create an account and get verified by Canva. Not only is Canva useful for students, but also for you as a teacher! Teachers can access thousands of high-quality, educational templates for every subject, grade, and ability including worksheets, lesson plans, presentations, posters, reports, and more, all ready to customize. Read more about Canva for Education here.
How to sign up:
If you sign up to Canva using an education domain on Canva’s allow list, you’ll instantly be upgraded to Canva for Education.
- Open the Canva for Education sign up page.
- Use your school’s, Department of Education’s, or Google-certified email domain if you have one. You can also sign up through Clever, Microsoft, or Google.
- Follow the sign up prompts.
- After signing up, select that you are a Teacher.
- Click Get verified now.
- Fill in your details, and attach proof of teaching certification and employment.
- Canva will email you your application result within 48 hours.
How to invite students:
After your Canva for Education application is approved, you can invite students to your class from the People tab on your Canva class page.
- Canva for Education is safe for children of all ages as it’s COPPA and FERPA compliant. Students can create easily and safely. More details here.
- Learn more about inviting students and teachers to your class.