The 8th annual BIG Idea Competition was a BIG success with 225 entries involving nearly 313 high school students from 32 schools! The BIG Idea Committee would like to congratulate this year’s winners who received over $5,000 in cash and scholarships:
Hear from students about their experience with the
BIG Idea Competition
- Ace the Pace
Ace the Pace is an app designed to help students with pacing, strategies, and practice for standardized testing.Rachel Schartz of West Central High School
- Chores R Us
Chores R Us is a reliable business that provides services to the area farmers and ranchers who have a need for additional labor.Jacob Lux and Emily Smith of Eureka High School
- Cassandra’s Quilted Gifts
Cassandra’s Quilted Gifts will specialize in one of a kind heirloom quality quilts, pillow cases, bags and other household treasures!Cassandra Ryckman of Ryckman’s Home School
- Farmer in the Dell Child Care Services
- Farmer in the Dell is a child care service that hires high school and college students to babysit and nanny for the West Central, Tri- Valley, Montrose, and Wall Lake areas.
Makenzee Gooley and Molly McMahon of West Central High School
- Ready Up Rodeo Company
- Ready Up Rodeo Company is a rodeo training program for beginners and those who have been in the rodeo world.
Colton Shoop of Pierre T.F. Riggs High School
- Hawk Moonlight Movies
- Hawks Moonlight Movies is an Indoor and Drive-In Movie Theater with concessions.
Emily Heiberger, Christine Heiman, and Marina Muecke of Canistota High School
- Bytes and Pieces
- Bytes and Pieces is a computer repair, customization, and piece replacement shop looking to arm the tech guru and aid the technologically impaired alike.
Andrew Childs and Louis Mehlhaff of Pierre T.F. Riggs High School
- KGP Organic Gardens
- KGP Organic Gardens includes an indoor, organic fruit and vegetable garden with an emphasis on helping kids eat healthier.
Brady Krause, Dylan Pauli, and Logan Gerdes of Milbank High School
BIG Idea 2014 Competition Awards Presentation:
Winner of the Marketing Design competition, sponsored by McQuillen Creative Group, was:
- First Place:
- Pageant Pets
Hope Knedler and Kourtney Seibel of Vermillion High School
Thank you to our 2014 Speakers!
A Special Thanks to the teachers who encouraged their students’ participation.
Thanks to the committee members and community leaders who participated as judges, panelists and supporters.
Next year’s competition will open again on September 1, 2015.