The 6th annual BIG Idea Competition was a BIG success with 207 entries involving 299 high school students from 30 schools! The BIG Idea Committee and Absolutely! Aberdeen would like to congratulate this year’s winners who received over $5,000 in cash and scholarships:
Hear from students about their experience with the
BIG Idea Competition
- Canning Coaches
Rachel Schartz of West Central High School
- AJ’s Cakery Bakery
Austin Lentsch of Pierre T.F. Riggs High School
- Braced With Style
Alexander Thomason of Sioux Falls Washington High School
- Tot Stop Daycare
- Rachel Lynch and Sabrina Rasmussen of Doland High School
- Hoffman Custom Corn Chopping
- Tyler Hoffman of Leola High School
- Through the Lens
- Kathryn Kilpatrick, Hillary Rounds and Kendra Steffes of Brookings High School
- M&K’s Detail & Designs
- Kaylynn Noethlich and Michaella Stahl of Doland High School
- The Spot
- Madison Rodriguez and Aubrey Wald of Pierre T.F. Riggs High School
BIG Idea 2012 Competition Awards Presentation:
Winner of the Marketing Design competition, sponsored by McQuillen Creative Group, was:
- First Place:
- Happy Zapper Laser Tag Rental
Samuel Ryckman of Ryckman’s Homeschool
Thank you to our 2012 Speakers!
A Special Thanks to the teachers who encouraged their students’ participation.
Thanks to the committee members and community leaders who participated as judges, panelists and supporters.
Next year’s competition will open again on September 1, 2013.