Take advantage of these activities which can help you develop your business idea and business skills.
- Local organizations including the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and SCORE offer small business education events throughout the year. To learn more about the current offering, visit the SBDC website
- SD Banker Assoc.’s Business Plan Competition – No competition in 2019. Future plans and details to come.
- Giant Vision Student Business Plan Competition – due in February, final event in April. (audience: open, with student track) http://www.southdakotagiantvision.com
- Career and Technical Student Organizations – many include entrepreneurship topics as part of their state competitions typically held in March/April. Such organizations include DECA, FCCLA, FBLA, FFA, and Skills USA. If you don’t have any of these in your high school, ask your principal about starting a chapter!
- Youth Business Adventure (YBA) – week long summer program for upcoming HS seniors and juniors.
- Invent 2 Innovate (i2i) Student Competition –business model competition with a high school and college track. Entry deadline is March 13, 2019. Event will be held at USD in Vermillion on March 29, 2019. Contact Marcie Sariol at (605) 658-6540 or Marcie.Sariol@usd.edu
- One Million Cups of Aberdeen – On Wednesday mornings, one or two early-stage businesses present their companies to their communities. Every event is free and everyone is welcome and invited to attend! Each founder presents for six minutes, followed by a 20-minute question-and-answer session with the audience. http://www.1millioncups.com/aberdeen