Prizes and Recognition
Prizes for the BIG Idea Competition include:
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $500
- Third place: $250
- Marketing Design: $500
- Wellness Category: $500
Last year's scholarships included:
- First place: $1,000 each from Northern State University and Presentation College
- Second place: $500 each from Northern State University and Presentation College.
If the winning entry consists of a team, the prize money and scholarships will be split equally among team members.
Final Competition and Awards Ceremony
- The top scoring eight (8) written idea entries chosen for the final competition.
- Each finalist team will give a verbal presentation.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three places based on a combination of their written and verbal scores.
- Entries that score within 10% of the finalists will be designated as Honorable Mention.
- Of all marketing designs submitted, one winner is chosen overall and recognized at the Awards Ceremony.
- Of all the Wellness entries submitted, one winner is chosen overall and recognized at the Awards Ceremony.
- Held on the same day as the final competition at Northern State University in Aberdeen
- Includes a panel of business owners who will share their entrepreneurship experiences
- Finalists will give a short description of their business idea
- Is open to all students who participated in the general competition.
Download the Final Competition Agenda (PDF)
Thank you to our sponsors for making this competition possible.