Creating an Account
- Advisors must create their advisor account prior to having students create their accounts. NOTE: Advisor accounts created in 2018 are still available. They will be activated as soon as the competition opens up. Advisors who did not participate in 2018 must create a new account.
- To create account, advisors must login (email and password) by choosing Advisor Login on the BIG Idea home page (upper right).
- The advisor will be prompted to choose (or add if necessary) their school and contact information. At this point, both the school and the advisor will be listed and available for students to select when completing their entries.
- Be sure your school contact information is accurate because advisors will not be able to change school affiliation once a student has chosen them as an advisor.
- Once advisors log in to the site, they will have access to the Advisor Control Panel.
- Please Contact us with any questions you have about creating an account.
- NOTE: Students are not required to have an advisor. (Those students should choose Independent Study for the Advisor field.)
- NOTE: As advisors, you are our main point of contact when we send out information. Please keep watching for updates and more information from us. Also at any point please feel free to contact us for anything.
Tips and Reminders for Advisors (PDF)
To find out more information on who we consider to be advisors please visit the advisors’ FAQs.
LAUNCH DATE: September 1, 2019
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 31, 2019
FINALISTS NOTIFIED: Mid-November 2019
FINAL EVENT & AWARDS: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 in Aberdeen, SD on the campus of Northern State University.